Spine Surgery Center in Orange County California
There are many world-class hospitals and surgical centers that perform spine surgery in Orange County, California, but no two spine surgeons are equal. No matter how modern the technology they use and how advanced the tools they employ, it still comes down to their skills, qualifications, experience, and the personal attention they give to each patient.
Finding the best spine surgeon in Orange County according to your needs, preferences and budget will require some research. Most of the time, when you want to do research; you will immediately go to Google and search for online reviews and ratings. Yes, they can give you information, but they are not always reliable and they tend to be incomplete. Therefore, doing your own research about spine surgery in Orange County is your best bet. With that in mind, here are some tips to help you find the best spine surgeons in Orange County.
Look for a board certified spine surgeon. A “fellowship” trained spine surgeon means that he or she achieved the highest level of training, which means he or she completed a year of specialized spine surgery training in a specialized center. Board certification is very important to look for when you are searching for a spine surgeon in Orange County.
Ask your surgeon some specific questions. Don’t be shy to ask questions about the surgeon’s experience, expertise and certifications. A good surgeon will always be happy to answer your questions. The following questions will help you get started:
- How many times have you performed this kind of surgery?
- What board certifications do you have?
- Are you fellowship trained in spine surgery?
- Do you have any other patients that have undergone to a similar procedure whom I can talk to?
- If I ask for a second opinion, who would you recommend?
Find a doctor whom you are comfortable speaking with. Communication is very important especially when it comes to seeing a doctor about your health. This will build trust and comfort which is an essential part of a doctor-patient relationship. Ask yourself the following question:
- When you asked questions, does the doctor answered all of them with enough information that you can clearly understand?
- Did your doctor spend enough time with you?
- Was he or she easy to get a hold of?
- How did your spine surgeon respond when you asked for a second opinion?
Find specific references. Try to find and ask for references from at least three patients. A good surgeon will always be happy to give you references. This will also allow you to know if the surgeon does this kind of thing all the time. A good spine surgeon in Orange County will have plenty of happy patients and these patients will be happy to serve as a reference.